Senior Research Scientist
C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. is a dynamic, growing, family privately owned corporation that has delivered high quality grain-based products, traditional flavors and our just “baked from scratch” taste for more than 160 years. We continue to be a leading supplier of gravies and sauces, baking mixes and other value-added grain based food products to Food Service and select consumer markets in North America and Europe.
Utilizes technical knowledge and expertise of food sciences with ingenuity and scientific methods to accomplish corporate product or process objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as technical support liaison for product development project requests. Coordinates project activities by clarifying completion data target, price target and customer requirements, identifying the acceptable prototype target, developing timelines, identifying functions needed to be performed, designing and formulating the benchmark prototype, identifying specifications, obtaining approval and scaling up product in plant operation from bench prototype. Keeping accurate records and communicating progress.
- Develops new product concepts by remaining current on literature and periodicals, attending conferences and seminars, maintaining contact with peers in the food industry and investigating new product ideas.
- Supervises personnel by assigning work to laboratory assistants, providing training, remaining current on project status and coordinating training and seminars for personnel.
- Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field. Knowledge is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of seven years of research/product development experience is required
- Yeast experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred
- Formulation experience in chemically leavened products preferred
- Experience in grain science and cereal chemistry preferred
- Proficiency of principles required for successful R&D of food products.
- Proficiency of scientific principles and methods required to perform new product development.
- Project management skills.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with food manufacturing facilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of GMPs and AIB.
- Proficient use of computer and related software.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Valid Driver’s License
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Stacey DeCrescenzo