Manager, Quality Assurance
C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. is a dynamic, growing, family privately owned corporation that has delivered high quality grain-based products, traditional flavors and our just “baked from scratch” taste for more than 160 years. We continue to be a leading supplier of gravies and sauces, baking mixes and other value-added grain based food products to Food Service and select consumer markets in North America and Europe.
The Quality Assurance Manager ensures the quality of product and services provided by the company. This position is responsible for managing quality assurance programs and the quality assurance department. This position is also responsible for monitoring and completing written reports, performing audits and completing product testing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the quality of product and services by testing product, performing audits of product lines, placing defective products on hold and taking corrective action
- Manages quality assurance programs and department by upholding quality programs expectations and standards scheduling personnel and shipments,
- Functions as primary SQF practitioner and is responsible for validating and verifying that SQF programs are in place and being enforced
- This position is responsible for administering the department’s budget to ensure proper allocation of resources
- Responsible for supervising direct reports
- Overseeing sanitation programs and performing other duties as assigned
- Performs other duties including but not limited to handling customer complaints, communicating holds and discrepancies with supervisors and other departments; completing various reports by maintaining bill of materials, maintaining hold logs, completing weekly and monthly reports
- Responsible for associates that report to the Quality Assurance and Quality Control departments. Monitoring associate performance, providing input on hiring, disciplinary actions, work objectives and their effectiveness, and realigning associates as needed.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as dirt, dust, fumes, darkness and/or noise. Seasonal exposure to weather elements includes, but is not limited to, extreme temperatures, wetness and humidity.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks such as working around mechanical equipment, forklifts, chemical hazards, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand at the will-call window, sitting frequently at a desk, walking around the office and plant; carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; reaching and kneeling on a daily basis. Also requires the ability to see, hear and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. will be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science field, preferably food science
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Minimum of three (3) years of quality assurance experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience required
- Prefer experience in a bakery/dry mixing (dry blending, frozen dough and baked goods) production environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and coaching skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong background in sanitation principles and practices
- Proficient computer skills in spreadsheets; data bases and word processing
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products and processes
- Self-motivated, results orientated and excellent personal skills
- Strong background in HAACP; safety; GMP; AIB and SPC
- Must have a hands-on work ethic
- Global quality standards (SQF/BRC) experience preferred
- Bilingual a plus
- SQF Practitioner
- Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
We will demonstrate high integrity, a commitment to excellence, and a positive attitude in all that we do. We are results driven, lead by example, communicate openly and honestly, value diversity and foster long-term relationships. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefit programs that include medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K savings plan, and more. For additional information about our company, go to www.chg.com.
To apply for this position, send your resume to: email@example.com