Quality Assurance Supervisor
Hill Country Bakery is currently seeking candidates for a position as a Quality Assurance Supervisor.
Company Background: Since 1997 we have been based in Downtown San Antonio, Hill Country Bakery and are a privately owned and operated creator and manufacturer of premium-cakes, brownies and muffins. Our Coffee House Café Brand can be found on grocery, convenience, and specialty store shelves across the country.
Job Description: Under the supervision of the Quality Manager, the QA Supervisor will utilize their knowledge and experience to lead a great team and ensure compliance with all regulatory, client and SQF requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the Quality team to meet or exceed regulatory or customer expectations in regards to food safety or quality.
- Write procedures to ensure compliance and uniformity in performing for Quality responsibilities
- Manage QA Personnel to ensure compliance to all Quality Programs, including HACCP, Food Defense, and Food Safety and all correlating procedures and policies
- Maintain Quality Training Program
- Schedule QAs and QCs to meet weekly production schedule
- Coordinate Internal audits
- Update infinity as needed with new products, new specifications, etc
- Perform and document job performance reviews
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Management Team.
- BS in Food Science or related field, with experience of 2 years in Quality
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Moderate knowledge of GMP, HACCP and GFSI programs
- Moderate knowledge of FDA labeling regulations
- Must work well independently and in collaboration with other team members and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Clear, concise, written and verbal communication.
- Pro-active and a self starter, willing to accept responsibility for departmental tasks.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Moderate knowledge of Kosher Certification
- SQF Practitioner or able to achieve within 6 months of hire.
To apply for this position, please send resume to Ms. Jennifer Hoppe, QA Manager firstname.lastname@example.org